Assessments, Reports & Guidance
The SustNav team is a highly experienced and regarded provider of sustainability assessments and guidance
We use our tried-and-tested sustainability principles system to pinpoint how strategies, plans, or projects can deliver greater efficiency and more lasting benefits. Past clients include local authorities, public agencies, local partnerships and big businesses.
“Wessex Water has won awards for its sustainability activities, but the assessment helped us identify areas of weakness and was really valuable in helping us to continue to develop a sustainability programme that is clear and meaningful.”
Julian Dennis, Director of Compliance and Sustainability, Wessex Water
An assessment can:
• Help you to save resources – of all kinds! – in the short, medium and long term
• Support you to achieve social, economic and environmental ‘win-win-wins’
• Steer you towards positive, future-fit solutions
• Identify practical ideas for improvement to communicate to your stakeholders.
A ‘headline’ assessment of your main objectives/ideas will highlight key sustainability strengths and weaknesses and provide pointers for improvement.
A fuller appraisal will also look at the detail of your plan/project. It will recommend how to improve the ‘resilience’ and resource efficiency of what you do, minimize negative impacts and achieve a greater range of ‘mutually-supportive’ social, economic and environmental benefits.
“The recommendations provided by the SustNav team really helped us to focus on the real sustainability issues for the city.”
Darren Hall, former Manager, Bristol Partnership
Assessment clients include:
• Bristol City Council
• English Heritage
• Gloucestershire County Council
• Natural England
• NHS South of England
• Plymouth City Council
• Somerset County Council
• South Somerset District Council
• South West Councils
• South West of England Regional Development Agency
• Wessex Water